History Teacher Job Description
What do History Teachers do?
History teachers teach courses in history in colleges and universities. Common responsibilities for history teacher jobs include:
- Grading students’ assignments.
- Preparing course materials.
- Maintaining office hours for assisting students.
- Facilitating classroom discussions.
- Compiling bibliographies for reading assignments.
- Participating in campus events.
History Teacher Salaries
History Teacher salaries can vary depending on your experience, the location, company, industry, and benefits provided. Nationwide, most history teachers make between $47,400 – $86,900 per year, or Not Available per hour.
Employment Outlook for History Teachers
There are currently 1,699,180 history teachers in the United States, with 55,290 new history teacher job openings created each year.
History Teacher jobs are not expected to see much growth beyond their current levels in the next decade.
Education / Training Requirements for History Teachers
Doctoral degree is normally required for history teacher jobs.